- That a special elbow sharpener has been installed at the Family Record Centre for the use of little old ladies.
- That in the 19th century, unemployed Doctors were used to teach the Census enumerators how to write.
- That British letterboxes were specially designed so that family photographs had to be folded to fit through them.
- That most genealogical computer programs have had a bug inserted in them, in order to prevent information overload.
- That for British debating societies, the most popular venue for meetings is the local County Records Office.
- That Family Bibles have to be very carefully made so that the "Family Page" will remain attached to the cover when it falls off and gets lost.
- That no British Monarch has ever had their father's occupation accidentally omitted from their birth certificate.
- That in North America, everyone is so obsessed by personal privacy that they write down their birth and marriage dates backwards, to prevent them from being understood.
- That Adam and Eve were the only couple ever to have avoided having to pay the government to obtain replacements for their lost birth certificates.
- That the Irish are the only people in history known to have celebrated their independence by burning the records of their heritage.
[Roy C. Rayment 1999]